Launched in 1928, the Bulletin of the Institute of History and Philology (BIHP) is a quarterly journal issued in March, June, September, and December by the Institute of History and Philology, Academia Sinica. The BIHP invites domestic and international scholarly contributions on history, philology, archaeology, anthropology, and paleography. Please note that the BIHP does not publish articles that are already published or to be published in other periodicals.
- The length for Mandarin and English manuscripts should not exceed 30,000 and 10,000 words (around 30 pages), respectively.
- As to footnote and citation formats, please consult the “Submission Guidelines.”The manuscripts not adhering to the Guidelines will not be accepted.
- In compliance with the adopted double-blind review, contributors must refrain from any personal identification information to reviewers.
- When emailing your manuscript, please include your full name in English and Mandarin, affiliated institution, position, email address, and (institution/home) address.
- In addition to the main text, the manuscript should also include citation, an abstract in English and Mandarin, and keywords (not exceeding five) in both languages.
- Please submit the above in BOTH MS Word and PDF (Simplified Chinese should be converted to Traditional Chinese).
- Use default font (i.e. Times New Roman) and avoid adopting other complicated formatting.
- Contributors should keep the original manuscript, which, if rejected, will not be returned.
- Please also note that the BIHP will not be held liable for intellectual property issues involving the submissions (e.g. illustrations, charts, or lengthy quotations). Contributors must therefore obtain all the necessary permission from economic right holders prior to using copyrighted materials.
- Once an article is published, three copies of the current issue of the BIHP containing the author’s article, along with ten offprints thereof and one in PDF format will be provided to the contributor.
Please submit your manuscripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org (We do not require any hard copies.)